It is recognized that patients require support from family, friends and significant others during a time of physical and/or emotional stress. It is also recognized that patients require periods of privacy and rest to recover from surgery and illness. To provide for these factors in patient care, the following guidelines have been established. These are general guidelines only; please check with staff on patient care units for more information.
- Visitors are encouraged to maintain appropriate dress and must wear foot covering.
- No loud talking or noise will be permitted in the rooms, hallways, or the waiting areas.
- Children will not be left unattended.
- Small children should not be allowed to crawl on floors.
- Visitors with colds and infectious conditions are discouraged from visiting patients. Visitors with colds and infectious conditions will not be allowed to visit patients in isolation.
- A "NO VISITORS" sign will be placed on the door at the request of the patient or physician's order.
- Visitors will be treated with respect and dignity by all staff, while providing for the maximum comfort and privacy of the patient.
- The charge nurse has the authority to change, and/or enforce visitation rules in the interest and well-being of the patients. The charge nurse will notify the House Supervisor for assistance if visitors are unruly, hostile, or pose any physical or emotional stress to patients or staff. The Mineral Wells Police Department may be notified as needed.
- Patient confidentiality rights will be maintained in accordance with the HIPPA law. Visitors will not be given patient medical information unless authorized by the patient.
- Good-handwashing/hand-hygiene should be done by all visitors before entering and upon leaving the patients room.
- After 9:00 pm, all visitors must check in with the hospital operator to receive a visitor's pass. Any individual in the hospital after 9pm must be identifiable by one of the following: employee badge, patient identification band or visitors pass. Any person after hours without one of the above will be directed to the operator for check in or the House Supervisor will be notified. The Visitor pass expires every 24 hours. After 9:00 pm all doors into the hospital will be locked. The only ambulatory entrance after 9 pm will be via the Emergency Room Waiting Area. Once a visitor pass is obtained, the visitor will be given access into the hospital.
Please check with staff in Specialty Units, Emergency Room (ER), Women's Services (WMS), and Intensive Care Unit (ICU) for more specific information:
General visiting hours for the WMS end at 8 P.M. Fathers are not considered visitors and will receive an identification band. The nurse may request visitors to leave as necessary to complete treatment and personal care. Non-sibling children that are under 14 may not visit while the infant is present unless they live in the same household as the infant.
Visiting hours are based on patient condition and family/significant others needs. Visiting is not allowed during change of shift 0630 - 0800 and 1830 - 2000 unless it is deemed necessary by the ICU staff. Visitors under 14 years of age will be admitted only at the discretion of the ICU director and/or charge nurse.
The PPGH Auxiliary Gift Shop is open Monday thru Friday from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm. Flowers and gifts can be ordered and delivered to a patient's room by calling 940-328-6421.
Hours: Breakfast 6:45 am - 8:30 am & Lunch 11:15 am - 1:15 pm
Open to the public 24/7